If you have items that did not sell during your auction, Handbid offers two great options for selling these items. We can move them to a new auction or you can open up your existing auction to sell the remaining unsold items.
MAKE SURE YOUR AUCTION HAS COMPLETELY CLOSED AND ALL OF YOUR ITEMS HAVE BEEN SOLD BEFORE YOU REOPEN YOUR AUCTION. The initial close process can take several minutes and is not complete until you get a message in the Auction Manager stating "your auction results are complete!" Reopening your auction before all invoices are generated will result in items not being sold out!
CREATE A NEW AUCTION - A FIRE SALE
- Create a New Auction from the Main Dashboard
- If you would like Handbid to move your items on your behalf, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which items you would like to be moved to the new auction. Please allow a minimum of two (2) business days for your items to be moved. You can always move your items on your own.
- Once your items are moved, you will need to go into the new auction and add categories to your moved items and decide if you would like to change the starting price or bid increments of each item.
- Be sure to notify the previous guests in your auction of your new online auction name and url.
REOPENING YOUR AUCTION
- Create a new category for your unsold items. An example might be "Fire Sale". Moving all of your unsold items to a new category will help bidders easily find them.
- Move this category to the top of the list so that the category will show up first in the Handbid app.
- Hide any unsold items you do NOT want to be available when you reopen the auction.
- Hide any for sale items you do NOT want to be available when you reopen your auction.
- Click the play button and Open Your Auction.
- Be sure to promote to all of your previous guests that you have reopened the auction for items that were previously unsold.
NOTE: Consider adding a BUY IT NOW price to these items at a reasonable price. If you want them to be more of a for sale item without bidding you can set the Starting Price = Buy Now price and the first bid placed will purchase the item.
We have found that auction items that don't sell during your initial auction are because the item did not appeal to your bidders or the price on the item was too high. For these reasons we usually recommend you modify the price of your items and open it up to a wider audience.