Handbid allows you to sell event tickets (admission) tickets for your auction/event. Items that are setup as tickets will show up in the "Buy Tickets" window on Handbid.com on your auction page.
ARE YOU WANTING TO ADD A RAFFLE TICKET?
Tickets in Handbid are really "Event Tickets" and are designed to be used to allow entrance/admission to an event. If you want to create a Raffle Ticket, we recommend creating a "For Sale" item and calling it a "Raffle Ticket" and marking it as "Event Only
SETTING UP EVENT TICKETS
To setup tickets, you will create a new item and select "Ticket"
To start click on the "New Item" option in the tool bar and when the pop up appears, select "Ticket"
Complete the item details as well as the "Ticket Options" tab and save the item.
CREATE TICKET OPTIONS
Here are the options for each screen that you will need to add:
- Item Name (keep this as short as possible. 54 characters or less is recommended)
- Item Code (this is how you will identify the item (ticket)) in your reporting
- Status (this will always be pending when you create an item. When your auction opens, this will be changed to open. Otherwise you will want to go back in and update this to "open" if you want to open up this ticket for sales.
- Category (this is no longer needed as tickets are sold outside of categories)
- Price (ticket price)
- Value Received (this is the value received in exchange for the ticket. This is an example of a Quid Pro Quo contribution. For example, if you sell a ticket that includes dinner and the value of dinner is $50, then you would put $50 here)
- Sales Options
- Sell at Presale (this will be available to purchase when the auction is in pre-sale mode)
- Sell at Checkin (this will be available for agents to add to a customer at registration)
- Event Only (this would really not apply to tickets but more so to Raffle Tickets, etc.)
- Hide Sales (if you do not want to show total sold or quantity remaining of a ticket, select this)
- Description - Ticket description
- Notables - This is where you put in the fine print (e.g. restrictions, etc.)
- Redemption Instructions - These instructions will print on the purchaser's invoice that is emailed
- Sale Start and End - please put in when the tickets will go on sale and when that will end. Note that the auction will still need to be in either Presale/Preview (with the presale option selected) or open for these tickets to be purchased.
- Limit per Transaction - how many of these tickets can someone buy at once? The default is unlimited.
- Admits per Ticket - how many people does this ticket admit? 2? Is it a foursome for a golf tournament? (4), etc.
- Discount Codes - create as many discount codes as you need for people to use to adjust the ticket price. There are two types of discounts: Amount (a whole number that will be subtracted from the ticket price. (e.g. Amt Discount with a value of 20 would deduct $20 from the price of a ticket) and % discount (e.g. 50% off to give someone half price). The code should be a text code that you give to the purchaser to use (like a coupon code)
- Surcharge - do you want to charge a handling fee or another surcharge? You can either apply an amount Surcharge (e.g. $2 per ticket) or a % surcharge (10% on top of the ticket price)
Attach your photos and you should be all set!