The status of your auction determines who can see your auction and who can bid in your auction. You will use the play, pause, and stop buttons at the top of the auction manager to change the status of your auction.
The current auction status will be displayed in the upper right corner of the auction manager.
Auction status color codes are:
SETUP - Light Blue
PRESALE - Pink
PREVIEW - Orange
OPEN - Green
CLOSED - Grey
- Set Up status keeps the auction hidden from users in the app and on the website. When you are first setting up your auction, this is the status you will want to use. NOTE: If you want to return your auction to the setup status after you have opened it for Presale or Preview you will need to change the Status dropdown on the Information tab in Auction settings.
- Presale allows you to sell tickets to your auction or publish information about your auction without revealing any of the items. Use this setting if you wish to sell tickets or if you want to send out a link to your auction page to encourage pre-registering. Once your auction is inpresale mode, the auction will show up online at www.handbid.com and users can view your auction description and location. Your auction will also show up in the app, but your auction items will not be visible. Note: "For Sale" items will show up online and in the app when your auction is in presale status if they are marked as "available for presale" .
- Preview will display your auction items just as they will be displayed when your auction is open, however, bidders will not be able to place bids. Your auction will be visible on the Handbid app, Handbid iPad App and the webpage. This is a great way to review your auction before opening for bidding and make sure everything is displaying as you wish and that you do not need to make any changes to descriptions or bid increments. This is also a great way to review your item images for accuracy. You can still sell tickets when your auction is in preview mode.
- Open will allow bidders to start bidding on items. Please note that your auction does not automatically open. You WILL need to do this manually by selecting the PLAY button at top of the auction dashboard.
- Pause will temporarily stop the ability for anyone to bid, donate or make purchases in your auction. All of your auction items are still visible, but bidders are unable to place a bid, donate or make a purchase while your auction is in pause mode. Change your auction to this status by selecting the PAUSE button at the top of the auction dashboard. When you are ready to restart your auction select the PLAY button.
- Close (Stop button) will close the auction for bidding. We recommend closing your auction using the auction CLOSE TIMER so that bidders are given a warning message and a visual countdown timer before the auction closes. You can also close categories one at a time using the Stop (Close) button. Make sure that the device that sets the timer does not sleep, turn off or exit out of the auction page.
****NOTE: ONCE YOUR TIMER IS SET WE CANNOT CHANGE THE TIMER. WHEN THE TIMER REACHES 0 YOUR AUCTION WILL CLOSED AND ALL ITEMS WITH BIDS WILL BE SOLD!