First - understand your role! Are you running for items, helping process invoices, checking to see that bidders have paid on their phone? If you are a volunteer, make sure you have spoken to the auction manager and everyone is on the same page with regard to how check out will flow.
You should be familiar with the Handbid app in general. Here are a couple tips and places you can go for more information.
- If you have been asked to help process invoices in the Handbid Auction Manager, please review this video: Close Auction and Pay Invoices
- You will want to have a laptop on site to process invoices quickly. Check with the auction manager to see if he/she will provide one or if you should bring your own.
- You can now process invoices on the iPad as well. More info here: iPad Pay Invoices
- Before the auction closes make sure to remind the bidders that they can pay on their phone if Handbid credit card support has been enabled.
- Make sure you are familiar with the items and their location. The auction manager should have numbered and labeled the items in the auction area. In most cases these items will be organized by their type (physical item vs. certificates) or by category. Check with the auction manager in charge of checkout if you are not sure.
- Agree on a process with anyone who is taking invoice payments. Will they call out items to you or write them down on a note for you to retrieve?
- Let the winning bidder know they will receive a "Paid in Full" receipt to the email address on file.
Attached to this is a checklist to make sure you have thought through what you need to be successful with check out.