If you have certain items that you want to copy from a previous auction into your next auction, there is a simple export, import trick you can do to accomplish that. Below are the overall steps followed by a detailed video on how the process would work.
- Find the previous auction from which you wish to copy items
- Export those items using the detail export view (just above item item list)
- Edit the spreadsheet and remove any items that you do not want to copy over.
- Make any other adjustments in the spreadsheet to Category names, item codes, descriptions, donors, etc.
- Go to the new auction and import that spreadsheet (follow our Item Import instructions). You can click on "Auto Match" headers as Handbid will read the export template properly and pull in last year's data including images.
Here is a video that outlines the process in more detail: