We do not recommend that you share accounts with your staff as it makes it difficult to track the source of issues, and it is not a good security practice.
Instead, you can promote any existing user within your organization to manager status.
- You can only add up to 5 managers. This will limit the issues your organization will face with managers stepping on each other's toes (trust us, we've seen a thing or two).
- If you are not logged in as the account owner, you will not be able to add additional managers. If your owner account is incorrect (you will see who the owner is when you are on the staff tab in your Org settins (Step 2 below)), please reach out to Handbid service to have that changed.
Organizations who need more than 5 manager accounts likely need to be setup with multiple accounts. Reach out to service if you have an issue with this.
With that said, let's move forward and get some managers added!
- Make sure the user you are planning to add is a contact within your organization. It also helps (but is not a requirement) that they already have a Handbid. The best way to insure this is to have that person register for your auction.
- Next, go to the Organization settings within your account. To get the org settings, you need to be in your MAIN dashboard. Click the "edit" icon next to your org name in the header
- Next, go to the Staff tab and under manager, type in the email or last name of the person you which to promote to manager.
- If this person is in your contacts folder and a registered user in Handbid, their name will appear as a suggestion. Select this and then go over to the "Send Invite" button. Click on the Send Invite button to send this person an invitation to setup a manager account. HTey will receive an email to do so at the email address shown on the left.
- If this person never receives the invite, you can "resend it". Once invited, their status in this list will say "Invited." When they ultimately login, you will see their status change to Active.
- Once you have an active manager, you can remove them by tapping the "Remove" button on the right.