Moving your auction to an online event and other online fundraising features you can utilize through your Handbid account
Given the current circumstances the world is facing at this time, your event may have been canceled or rescheduled to a later date. With all of the cancellations, we have seen a shift in organizations running online auctions with live streams in place of their regular event. We have put together a webinar for running an online event.
Check out our Webinar
This webinar goes over how to run an online auction / virtual gala
Here are some tips on creating an engaging environment:
- Choose a lengthy time period for the auction to remain open, like 1 to 2 weeks.
- Focus on maximizing registration through social media or frequent emails.
- Use the Handbid Invite list functionality to email or text to your donor base and previously registered donors.
- Use social media buttons embedded within the platform to promote certain items through the duration of your auction.
- Use Facebook Live to stream Handbid TV!
Here is more information on running a Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaign:
With a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign, you can have individual donors or families set up fundraising pages with a donation goal, trying to raise the most for your organization. Check out the video for an overview of how Peer-to-Peer campaign through Handbid:
Click here to get more information on how to set up your Peer-to-Peer campaign.
Here is information on the Puzzle:
The Puzzle is a crowdfunding tool that we have developed. You can learn more about that here:
Click here to get more information on how to set up your Puzzle.
Please note: while there may not be a set-up fee for either Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Campaigns and Puzzle (depending on your contract), they do include an additional 3% fee for the funds raised through these features.
Your contract also includes unlimited non-auction events that allow you to use Handbid for For Sale items, Live Auction items, Donation items, and Tickets items. You can run any type of event that does not include a silent auction at any time through the end of your contract.