Learn how to create a new event, copy a previous event and update event settings.
Different from an Auction or Fundraiser, an Event is another method of fundraising through Handbid. Creating an Event site allows you to exercise most fundraising components including, Live Auction, ForSale Items and Ticketing, except for a silent auction and peer-to-peer fundraising. Silent Auctions are only hosted by creating an Auction site and peer-to-peer fundraising is only accessible through creating a Fundraiser. If either of these options is what you're seeking to do, here is more information on Auctions and Fundraisers.
Step 1: Create a New Event
You will first need to log in to your manager account by going to manager.hand.bid then go to your Main Dashboard and click into your Events section.
Once your in the events section, click on the [Create New Event] button
Step 2: Create Your Event Settings
Once you click on the [+Create Event] button, the settings window will appear. The first thing you'll need to do is select or create an event contact. This is important for directing guest questions when/if they reach out to our service desk.
Below is a breakdown of the settings tabs. It's crucial that you take the time to go through each of these tabs and enter as much information as you can, as well as taking each setting into consideration. Though you're always able to go back and update these settings at any time, its good to know you're set up for success from the get-go.
NOTE: If you need to get your event site created quickly and want to come back to update your settings at a later time, the minimum information that needs to be input in order to create the event is: Contact Information, Event Name and Time Zone
The following tabs make up the Event Settings:
- Contacts - this is where you will specify your contacts for event-related questions
- Info - this consists of your basic event information (Name, URL, status, etc.)
- Goals - It's 3rd in the list but one of the most important tabs to complete.
- Event - Event related info goes here (start and end times, location, attire, description)
- Images - Your event images (logo, banner) as well as your Handbid TV images
- Financial - Financial settings (enable credit card purchases, require card on file, premiums)
- Donations - Set recurring donation settings (monthly, quarterly, annually) and restrictions
- Participants - Set your participant/guest restrictions or requirement settings here
- Messaging - Your welcome message, invoice/receipt message, etc.
- Sponsors - Upload sponsor logos to recognize sponsors
Step 3: Complete Event Setup
Once you've completed your event settings, click [Create] and you'll be brought to your Event Dashboard where your new event will appear.
If you've already created your Event and need to go back to either complete or update your event settings, follow these easy steps!
- Using your Main Dashboard, Click into the Events block then click on the event you need to create/update settings for.
- Once you're in that Event, click on the settings gear wheel next to your event name at the top of your page.
- This will open up the settings window. Click through the settings tabs and don't forget to click on the green [UPDATE] button when you're finished.
Duplicate Previous Event Site
Save yourself some time, we recommend duplicating an event site. When you duplicate a site, most of your event settings will carry over. However, please take the time to review your settings to ensure accuracy. You can also carry over items from a previous event as well
To Duplicate a Previous Event:
- In your Main Dashboard, click on the Events block
- Find the event you want to duplicate (don't click on it) then at the bottom of that event block, click on DUPLICATE at the bottom
- When you click the DUPLICATE button, a window will appear asking you to input the name your new event. Enter the name of your event then click OK to complete.
- If you wish to copy items from a previous event, click here for more information.
- You'll then be brought to your new Event dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: click on the settings gear icon next to your event name at the top of the page, and review your settings.