In addition to photos, you can now display videos on an item in Handbid as well.
As they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. However, we can argue that a video is worth a million words?
Sometimes a video is the best way to describe an item that you want your guests or donors to bid on. In order to show a video in Handbid, you need to embed it by following these steps:
- Upload the video to either YouTube or Vimeo. (For safety and legality reasons, we only accept videos from these platforms).
- Once you get the video uploaded, you need to go to the video page and click on the "share" icon:
- This will pull up a Share modal, click on Embed and then copy the Embed code.
- Once you have the Embed code copied to your clipboard (YouTube makes this easy, see the graphic below), go back to Handbid and pull up the item you wish to upload the video to.
- In Handbid, you can begin editing the item. Once the item editor opens, click on the MEDIA tab and paste the code into the Video Embed Code field and save.
6. Now a video icon will show up in the item on the App or, if you're on a computer, it will appear next to the item's description on your event site.