In addition to photos, you can now show videos as well on an item in Handbid.
As they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. However, we can argue that a video is worth a million words.
Sometimes a video is the best way to describe an item that you want your guests or donors to bid on. In order to show a video and Handbid, you need to embed it through the following steps:
- Upload the video to either YouTube or Vimeo. (For safety and legality reasons, we only accept videos from these platforms).
- Once you get the video uploaded, you need to go to the video page and click on the "share" icon:
- This will pull up a Share modal where you click on EMBED and then Copy the Embed code. We will need this code to paste into the item in Handbid.
- Once you have the Embed code copied to your clipboard (YouTube makes this easy, see the graphic below), you can go to Handbid.
- In Handbid, edit the item that should contain the embedded video. Once the item editor opens, click on the MEDIA tab and paste in the embed code into the "Video" field and save.
Now a video icon will show up on the item on the App or next to the item's description on the Handbid event's site.